Mount Olive Township Department of Health
The Mount Olive Township Department of Health is composed of five governmental subdivisions providing a wide range of services to the residents in Mt. Olive Township.
The Health Department responds to community health problems and concerns; assesses community health needs; informs and educates the community about health issues; enforces public health laws; and assures community access to quality health care.
Subdivisions of Health Services
- Well location, water testing
- Septic System Inspection
- Restaurant Inspections
- Complaint Investigations
- Dog and Cat Licensing
- Rabies Immunization Clinics (3 times a year)
- Yearly Census: Animal Population License
- Application for Marriage License
- Certified Copies of Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates
- Correction to Vital Records
Clinical Health Services
- Well baby clinics, CHC
- SMAC blood screens
- Male/Female Cancer Screening
- Influenza shots - Senior Population
- Health Education
- Meals on Wheels
- Transportation for Seniors and medical trips for those with disabilities
- Health Education Seminars and Recreation Programs for Seniors
- Food Pantry
- Holiday Programs for qualifying residents
Summary of Health Department Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze data to monitor the health of the community and determine what health services are necessary
- Conduct community-wide immunization programs for children, adult, cats, and dogs.
- Inspect restaurants and stores to insure that the food you and your family eat is safe.\
- Conduct water tests at lakes and bathing beaches to insure that the water is clean and safe.
- Conduct Health Education Programs in schools, work sites, health care facilities, and community organizations to enable people to improve their health and prevent disease.
- Link people to necessary personal health services and assure the provision of health care when it is otherwise unavailable.
- Provide a variety of nursing services such as community advocacy, case management, outreach, referral, and counseling.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect and ensure the safety of the community.
Registrar of Vital Statistics
TO OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A current unexpired photo ID (Drivers License or Passport)
- One or both parties must be a resident of Mt. Olive Twp. You must have a Mt. Olive address on your driver’s license or bring a current utility bill with your name and current address on it.
- the date of the ceremony and who is performing the ceremony (name, address, and phone)
- both maiden names of applicants mothers
- where the ceremony is being performed (name & address)
- where all four (4) of the applicants parents were born (just need State or Country)
- one witness is needed (that know both parties) at the time of application
- there is a $28.00 application fee ( cash MUST be exact amount, money orders or checks are accepted)
- social security numbers of both the applicants if they are a US citizen
THE FOLLOWING IS VERY HELPFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- birth certificates of both applicants
- divorce papers if either party have been divorced
- death certificates if either party is widowed
There is a seventy two (72) hour wait from the time of application until license can be picked up.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PARTIES MUST SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. IF THE APPLICANTS DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH AN INTERPRETOR MUST ACCOMPANY THE APPLICANTS.
ALL BIRTH CERTIFICATES, DIVORCE PAPERS, AND PASSPORTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call Claudia at 973-691-0900 ext. 7356 or Michele ext.7332 for an appointment.